Supress displaying XPS Printer Dialog RRS feed

• Question

• In my application i will invoke a Exceutable before calling a Print dialog. But when the printer is set to XPS "SaveAs" dialog gets displayed before than the executable using Win32.

How to supress the XPS Printer Dialog and invoke other executable first?

saikalyan

• Edited by SAI KALYAN Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:23 AM

Answers

• In my application i will invoke a Exceutable before calling a Print dialog. But when the printer is set to XPS "SaveAs" dialog gets displayed before than the executable using Win32.

How to supress the XPS Printer Dialog and invoke other executable first?

saikalyan

ordinarily the software stack for a virtual printer uses save-as so that the output can be placed as desired

Corsair Carbide 300R with window & Corsair TX850V2 70A@12V Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CFX/SLI & AMD Phenom II 965 C3 Black Edition @ 4.0 GHz & G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133 8 GB GTX 260 SLI 216 core (GT200 Tesla) & Asus PA238QR IPS LED HDMI DP 1080p ST2000DM001 & Windows 8.1 x64 Professional Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 & Wacom Bamboo CHT470M LG WH14NS40 14X Blu-Ray Writer BDXL 128GB put your rig specs into your signature like I have, this makes it 100x easier to help out

• Proposed as answer by Anna Cc Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Anna Cc Monday, September 30, 2013 2:19 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

From microsoft support:

To work around this behavior, you can access the Save As dialog box through the taskbar button. Or, you can press Alt+Tab to switch the focus to the dialog box.

Refer to this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2567869/en-us .

If it doesn't work for you, please feel free to let us know.

Sunny Cao
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, October 4, 2013 1:38 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:48 AM

All replies

• Hi SAI KALYAN,

Could you please provide us the sample that you realize your app?

Sunny Cao
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 9:26 AM
  •  Is there a way we can avoid displaying dialog at the begining.?

saikalyan

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

From microsoft support:

To work around this behavior, you can access the Save As dialog box through the taskbar button. Or, you can press Alt+Tab to switch the focus to the dialog box.

Refer to this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2567869/en-us .

If it doesn't work for you, please feel free to let us know.

Sunny Cao
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, October 4, 2013 1:38 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:48 AM