none
Hi Wndows Server 2008 R6 64 Bit OS periodically shutdown every 1 hour after only trial version expires.So how to fix this problem . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am using Wndows Server 2008 R6 64 Bit OS as Windows HCK server .Before trial version not get this problem.whenever running some WHQL tests I have to power on every 1 hour. Up to now i did not get solution.

Yesubabu Gude

Friday, February 8, 2013 1:47 AM

All replies

• I don't understand the question, are you running a trial version of Windows Server 2008 R2 that expired?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:34 AM
  • Yeah I running a trail version that was expired now.The problem is every one hour my server was shout downed.

Yesubabu Gude

Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:39 AM
  • The issue here seems straight forward. You need to use a licensed version of Server 2008 R2.
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Thank you for Suggestion.

Yesubabu Gude

Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:14 PM
  • You may "re-arm" the system to extend the trial period of the installed OS for testing purposes.

From an administrator privileged Command window, enter the command "slmgr /rearm".  This in-box tool command will reset the licensing status of the system to extend it to an additional 180 days.  You may execute this command for a trial version of Windows Server three times for almost one-year period of use.

Regards,

--svb

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Thanks for replying and its working fine..

And I have a doubt this command apply for all server versions or this version.

After running this command what will happen internally if know share me..anyway thanks SVB.

Yesubabu Gude

Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:18 AM