InfoPath form problem, using c# as web enabled filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have got a bit of a problem. I have created web enabled form for one of my projects in SharePoint and was planning to use it as input page using XmlFormView web part. The form I have created worked fine after uploading but as I wanted to create cascading drop downs using filters (working only in InfoPath) I used this solution: click here and after introducing it, the form stopped working not only in XmlForView web part but SharePoint also fails to display the form in the browser (after changing settings of the form list to "display in the browser"). Is there any way to fix it or is it impossible to use forms with c# scripts embedded in it in SharePoint?

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 10:25 AM

Answers

• Once you have used VS or VSTA to create the code, you must upload the Form through Central Admin, via the "Application Management" tab. You should see an InfoPath section down the bottom of the "Application Management" page.

Once Uploaded you can activate your Form as a "Site Feature" and this will add your form to the site as a Content Type that can be added to a form library.

Regards,
    James.
    • Marked as answer by Kris Frukacz Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:53 PM

All replies

• You can use InfoPath forms with C# scripting in SharePoint, they have to be administrator approved though and uploaded through MOSS central administration.
    Devin Walker Microsoft SharePoint and InfoPath Enthusiast http://www.dlocc.com
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:49 AM
  • How do you do that?
    Monday, August 11, 2008 3:05 PM
  • Well you must first have Microsoft Visual Studio and Visual Studio Tools for Applications to add code. 
    Devin Walker Microsoft SharePoint and InfoPath Enthusiast http://www.dlocc.com
    Monday, August 11, 2008 11:55 PM
  • Once you have used VS or VSTA to create the code, you must upload the Form through Central Admin, via the "Application Management" tab. You should see an InfoPath section down the bottom of the "Application Management" page.

Once Uploaded you can activate your Form as a "Site Feature" and this will add your form to the site as a Content Type that can be added to a form library.

Regards,
    James.
    • Marked as answer by Kris Frukacz Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:53 PM