Issue in uploading new public certificate in Healthvault application configuration center RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing an issue while uploading new .cer file in Healthvault application configuration center. I am facing an issue of "Duplicate .cer file exists" though I am uploading it once.

I have followed following steps

1. Through Healthvalut SDK Application Manager. I created new Application.

2. Once aplication is shown in application manager ,by right clicking on it I did "Export Public Key(.cer)".

3. Once the certificate is generated, I tried uploading it into application configuration center under the tab "Public certs".

But I get an error "Duplicate cert file".

Can anyone please help me out on this?

Monday, August 1, 2011 11:43 AM

Answers

• Hello,

It is just for your information that you need to attach the public certificate in the Go-Live email request and not in the configuration center.

Hope it is clear now.

Thank you,

Anish Ravindran
    • Marked as answer by Rohit Dhage Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hello Rohit,

HealthVault Application creation through HealthVault SDK Application Manager will redirect to HealthVault Application Configuration Center (https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/) to register the Application ID, where it will automatically upload the public certificate.

In your case, please ensure that the Public Certs tab (http://partners.mshealthcommunity.com/hv_eco/w/wiki/public-certs-tab.aspx) don't have the same certificate before you manually upload one.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Anish Ravindran
    Monday, August 1, 2011 5:17 PM
  • Thanks Anish,

I read more and Its true that SDK automatically upload public certificate. I can see it too under public certs tab. But under Home tab, as soon as I click on Start Go-Live process under Go live? It shows following on new window.

Please go through and fix any pending configuration issues for your application, before clicking on the submit link to send e-mail to initiate the Go-Live process.

Property Validation result
    <label> Logo</label> <label style="color: green;"> Application Logo is 120px X 60px </label>
    <label> ActionUrl</label> <label style="color: red;"> Need an SSL enabled ActionUrl </label>
    <label> Methods</label> <label style="color: green;"> Application Methods are using Method Groups </label>
    <label> OnlineAccess</label> <label style="color: green;"> All DataType rules have a why string </label>
    <label> PublicCert</label> <label style="color: red;"> Please attach the public certificate (.cer file) for the production version of your application to your Go-Live email request </label>

Although I've certificate under Public Cert tab

Public certs:

# Thumb print Effective date Expiration date Actions
    <label>1</label> <label>73005BC9874AF4B135193BB35D71256E98337E61</label> <label>8/1/2011 9:11:43 AM</label> <label>12/30/2039 4:00:00 PM</label> Delete

Please let me know.

Thanks again!

Submit Go-Live E-Mail Request
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:32 AM
  • Hello,

It is just for your information that you need to attach the public certificate in the Go-Live email request and not in the configuration center.

Hope it is clear now.

Thank you,

Anish Ravindran
    • Marked as answer by Rohit Dhage Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:46 PM
  • Thanks Anish..

I'll proceed with Submit Go-Live email request with attached certificate. But I would like to know, if we can attach public certificate in Go-Live email; what is the reason to upload at configuration center. Is this a bug at config center because of which they allow to attach cert with mail.  Please let me know.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Hello,

HealthVault's app authentication model requires key exchange, where the application server should have the private key and HealthVault server (PPE or PROD) should have the corresponding public key.

In PPE environment, we allows developers to upload the public key into HealthVault PPE server through Application Configuration Center (https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/) whereas in PROD, you need to send the public key to us when you initiate the Go-Live request. Once you're application's configuration is good to go to PROD, HealthVault Go-Live team will upload the obtained public key into HealthVault PROD server.

Hope this resolves your question.

Thank you,

Anish Ravindran
    Friday, August 5, 2011 8:32 PM