How to categorise my website or use search key words RRS feed

• Question

• User1584574419 posted

Hi,

I have a basic ASP.NET website and would like to help browser users find my site more easily by getting it categorised or recognised by keywords.

What is the simplest way? Do I embed keywords into my home page? I cannot pay for SEO from Google etc but just want to have my site

associated with a certain business category (eg Electronics).

Is there something I can do in my home page to help this?

Any direction much appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:21 AM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi ubique,

According to your description, I suggest you could try below ways to set your web application's keyworks.

1.Using the keyword in the title of the page

<title>xxx</title>

2.Using the keyword in the URL (e.g., online-petstore.com/parakeets/snacks/gourmet)

3.Using the keyword, and variations (e.g., "gourmet parakeet snacks"), throughout the page copy

4.Using the keyword in the meta tags

Like below:

<meta name="description" content="Meta descriptions can have a surprisingly large impact on your search marketing campaigns; find out how..." />
    <meta name="keywords" content="meta description,google meta description,meta name description" />
    <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

5.Using the keyword in any image file paths and in the images' alt text

6.Using the keyword as the anchor text in links back to the page from elsewhere on the site

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:56 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I recommend learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and best place to learn SEO is no the search engine support pages.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7451184?hl=en

Monday, August 27, 2018 11:07 AM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi ubique,

According to your description, I suggest you could try below ways to set your web application's keyworks.

1.Using the keyword in the title of the page

<title>xxx</title>

2.Using the keyword in the URL (e.g., online-petstore.com/parakeets/snacks/gourmet)

3.Using the keyword, and variations (e.g., "gourmet parakeet snacks"), throughout the page copy

4.Using the keyword in the meta tags

Like below:

<meta name="description" content="Meta descriptions can have a surprisingly large impact on your search marketing campaigns; find out how..." />
    <meta name="keywords" content="meta description,google meta description,meta name description" />
    <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

5.Using the keyword in any image file paths and in the images' alt text

6.Using the keyword as the anchor text in links back to the page from elsewhere on the site

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:56 AM