none
InfoPath, populate other fields from people picker entry

Question

• I am customizing an already existing InfoPath form. We are working on the SharePoint 2013 server and with InfoPath 2013.

We have 3 fields that need to be populated with User Profile Service Data when a name is put in the people picker.

1 field is a text field

1 field is a drop down

and the last is a people picker.

When a person opens up the form in the browser. That person then sets a people people picker field. From that we have to get 3 values from AD using the User Profile service that is already up.

Also there are 2 other fields that are drop downs. On form load we would like the second dropdown to be disabled until a specific condition is met in the first drop down. I cannot find a disable control property in my infopath. Where would this be located?

Monday, March 13, 2017 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hi swimmerbhs-

1. Use your UPS connection to get the values. You'll need to filter it so that it returns the values that you want.

2. You're probably doing it the wrong way. You need to set a rule on the first dropdown so that if it = this, then disable the second dropdown.

cameron rautmann

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi swimmerbhs-

1. Use your UPS connection to get the values. You'll need to filter it so that it returns the values that you want.

2. You're probably doing it the wrong way. You need to set a rule on the first dropdown so that if it = this, then disable the second dropdown.

cameron rautmann

Hi Cameron,

1) I have set the 3 fields to populate with Value[Name = "Department"], Value[Name = "EmployeeID"] and  Value[Name = "Manager"] all of the values should populate with something and I am using these values on another infopath form and they work, but I do them on form load not on change. But they do not.

2) And thank you for the second. It

Monday, March 13, 2017 4:17 PM
  • So you'd have to set a rule on those fields to query for information based on whatever value you need. Not on form load.

cameron rautmann

Monday, March 13, 2017 5:03 PM