none
How do I created a load balanced endpoint for VM RRS feed

• Question

• I've got an existing endpoint for a vm in the new Azure portal.

And I want to load balance it between two VMs.  The second vm has already been created, how do I go about setting up the load balanced endpoint?  When I go to add endpoint I see this:

And when I select edit endpoint I see no option to add an instance to the load balancer.  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Load-balance traffic need 2 or more virtual machine for and the second VM need create connect to the frist one, the you can find load-balance traffic in second VM is available, create steps:

• Create a virtual machine. You can use Quick Create or From Gallery to create the machine.
    • Add an endpoint to the new virtual machine. You assign a protocol, public port, and private port to the endpoint. The protocols that can be used for an endpoint are TCP and UDP. The TCP protocol also covers HTTP communication.
    • Create another virtual machine using From Gallery and choose to connect the new virtual machine to the virtual machine that you previously created. Virtual machines must be connected together under a cloud service to share a load-balanced endpoint.
    • Create an endpoint on the second virtual machine and choose to make it a load-balanced endpoint by selecting the endpoint that you created on the first virtual machine

From this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj156003.aspx

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Mike_Emery Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Load-balance traffic need 2 or more virtual machine for and the second VM need create connect to the frist one, the you can find load-balance traffic in second VM is available, create steps:

• Create a virtual machine. You can use Quick Create or From Gallery to create the machine.
    • Add an endpoint to the new virtual machine. You assign a protocol, public port, and private port to the endpoint. The protocols that can be used for an endpoint are TCP and UDP. The TCP protocol also covers HTTP communication.
    • Create another virtual machine using From Gallery and choose to connect the new virtual machine to the virtual machine that you previously created. Virtual machines must be connected together under a cloud service to share a load-balanced endpoint.
    • Create an endpoint on the second virtual machine and choose to make it a load-balanced endpoint by selecting the endpoint that you created on the first virtual machine

From this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj156003.aspx

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Mike_Emery Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Thanks that worked, although I think the way you do it is very counter intuitive.  You should be able to create a load balanced endpoint from any instance (assuming you have more than 1) and you should be able to add instances to an endpoint while editing it.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:15 PM