none
Network drives are not responding for a while after a restart of File server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Our domain controller (standard - server 2003 SP2) has file server role on it. Network drives are not available to the clients approximately for 1 hour after a restart of server. Then network drives are coming and everything seems okay. No event log. I used perfmon, taskman, poolmon but found nothing weird. Really stuck in this not responding file shares for each restart of server.

What can i do to check what is causing this file sharing hang?

Thanks,

Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think "something" blocked the driver initialize process.
    I thin you should check if the firmeware has the latest patch.
    Or may be you can add a new network card for the file transfer service.

Best regards

RPA

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I did the latest firmware and software upgrades published in vendors website. But did not help. And the strange thing is file sharing works in the first 10 minutes. Later it stops responding. And this continues app. for 1 hour.

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:05 AM
  • Hi,

did you try to add a new network card and configure the file service trafic over this new device only as well ?

Best regards

RPA

Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

The server itself has 2 on-board network ports. I will try with an additional network card whenever i can arrange it. And let you know the result.

Best Regards

Feyzi

Monday, April 2, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Hi Feyzi,

thanks for your feedback :).
    If you add the new network card --> please do not forget to check the nic priority list. May be it help to bring the brand new nic at the first position.

Best regards

Rainer

RPA

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:19 AM
  • Hi again

After a long time, i had a chance to add a new network card but unfortunately the result do not change. Any other suggestions?

Regards

Feyzi

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:16 PM