Removed Records: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable1.xml part (PivotTable view) RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting an error in Excel 2013 when using PowerPivot. Can someone please explain to me what this error means? I can't see that there is anything wrong with the underlying data, and the list of "removed data" is empty too...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error085600_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'E:\SkyDrive\Documents\Forex\Greenzone_Stats\Greenzone_2013_v2.xlsx'</summary><removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:"><removedRecord>Removed Records: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable1.xml part (PivotTable view)</removedRecord></removedRecords></recoveryLog>

TIA!

Dennis

Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:28 PM

Answers

• Turns out it's a resource limitation in Excels chart rendering engine. If I filter the data model so that less rows are included in the PivotChart, the error goes away.

Re

Dennis

Monday, January 20, 2014 11:46 AM

All replies

• 1. Install the latest service pack of Office.

2. Use a native provider of DataBase source, not ODBC.

Monday, January 20, 2014 12:42 AM
  • All updates are installed and I'm using the MS SQL connection to connect to Azure.

Re

Dennis

Monday, January 20, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Turns out it's a resource limitation in Excels chart rendering engine. If I filter the data model so that less rows are included in the PivotChart, the error goes away.

Re

Dennis

Monday, January 20, 2014 11:46 AM