none
NET.TCP BINDING FOR WCF service in IIS 6.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to expose my wcf services through NET.TCP protocol. I'm using IIS 6.1

I have gone through couple of websites mentioned that IIS 6.1 does not support NET.TCP binding as it only support HTTP protocol.

so can anybody help me to clear my doubt .. am I consume wcf (NET.TCP) binding though IIS 6.1?

Thanks in advance

m_Learner

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:52 AM

Answers

• I want to expose my wcf services through NET.TCP protocol. I'm using IIS 6.1

That's a no go for you. You need to be using IIS7 and using Win 2k8 server  or betterr,  or you use Vista, Win7 or better a professional version of the workstation O/S with IIS 7 or better on those O/S(s).

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:37 PM
  • Hi,

For this scenario, as it’s said in MSDN, in general, netTcpBinding services can be hosted in a Windows service, in Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 (not IIS 6.0 or lower), or in WAS, or it can be self-hosted.

So, if you want to host a netTcpBinding service in IIS, you can only host a netTcpBinding service in IIS 7.0 or above.

For more information, you could refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647180.aspx

Regards

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:57 AM

All replies

• I want to expose my wcf services through NET.TCP protocol. I'm using IIS 6.1

That's a no go for you. You need to be using IIS7 and using Win 2k8 server  or betterr,  or you use Vista, Win7 or better a professional version of the workstation O/S with IIS 7 or better on those O/S(s).

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:37 PM
  • Hi,

For this scenario, as it’s said in MSDN, in general, netTcpBinding services can be hosted in a Windows service, in Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 (not IIS 6.0 or lower), or in WAS, or it can be self-hosted.

So, if you want to host a netTcpBinding service in IIS, you can only host a netTcpBinding service in IIS 7.0 or above.

For more information, you could refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647180.aspx

Regards

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:57 AM