Crystal report problem on Windows server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1106261384 posted

Hello everyone,

I have deployed my asp.net 2.0 website on windows server 2008. I am using Crystal report version 10.2.3600.0. After deployement I have installed the crystal report msi for 2005 on server. It's a 64 bit server. While checking the reports its giving me "The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception." this error. 

I am not sure why this error is coming. I have build the website successfully. There are 2 Program files folders on server. One is Program Files and other is Program Files(86x). I have copied the "Manage" folder from Program Files in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7 to get references right, still it is not working.

Can anyone here help me for this issue?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:20 AM

Answers

• User-1106261384 posted

I found the solution on my own. 

I just copied the CrystalReportWebFormViewer3 folder into C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETClientFiles and it worked.

Thanks to following post.

#######################################################################

http://forums.asp.net/t/1128842.aspx/2/10

I finally got it to work. The /aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727 virtual path maps to the following or similar physical path:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETClientFiles

Let's assume you want to view a version of Crystal Reports (e.g . 2008) in your Visual Studio Development server. Follow these steps:

1. Download the redistributable package from the Business Objects website (http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp)

2. Install the redistributable package

3. The images and scripts of the CrystalReportViewer are install under the root path of your IIS (e.g. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727). If you don't have IIS then you can use the files from your Crystal reports redistributable. They are typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0.

4. Copy CrystalReportViewer folder (e.g. crystalreportviewers12) under the 2_0_50727 folder into the ASP.NETClientFiles folder (e.g. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETClientFiles).

5. Start your website through Visual Studio Developement server and test your crystal report. Make sure you have the CrystalReports assemblies correctly configured in web.config. I tested it with Visual Web Developer Express.

#######################################################################

Happy coding.. :)

Yogesh.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 1:45 AM