Logic App & Service Plan RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I link a Logic App to a Service Plan to be able to use the scale up fonction of service plan ?

Thanks,

Phil

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Phil,

New Logic Apps are created in a consumption plan - that means that you pay per usage, and the scaling and managed for you by the engine.

Previously, Logic Apps were created associated to a service plan, which would give you an "allowance" of pre-paid actions. But based on what I read here in the pricing plan, I don't think you have this ability anymore. Getting a extract for your benefit:

"Newly created Logic Apps use a consumption plan. With the Logic Apps consumption pricing model, you only pay for what you use. Logic Apps are not throttled when using a consumption plan. All actions executed in a run of a logic app instance are metered."

and about the Existing Logic Apps still associated to a Service Plan (notice the point on EA subscription):

"Logic apps previously created referencing an App Service Plan continues to behave as before. Depending on the plan chosen, are throttled after the prescribed daily executions are exceeded but are billed using the action execution meter. EA customers that have an App Service Plan in their subscription, which does not have to be explicitly associated with the Logic App, get the included quantities benefit. For example, if you have a Standard App Service Plan in your EA subscription and a Logic App in the same subscription then you aren't charged for 10,000 action executions per day (see following table)."

I hope this helps, Wagner.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can do that. PLease check out the Microsoft Documentation for the same

Azure App Service plans in-depth overview 

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:31 AM
  • Hi Phil,

Azure Logic Apps run on Pay as you go model . You are only paying for your usages . Let us know if you require more information  

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:25 AM
  • Hi Phil,

New Logic Apps are created in a consumption plan - that means that you pay per usage, and the scaling and managed for you by the engine.

Previously, Logic Apps were created associated to a service plan, which would give you an "allowance" of pre-paid actions. But based on what I read here in the pricing plan, I don't think you have this ability anymore. Getting a extract for your benefit:

"Newly created Logic Apps use a consumption plan. With the Logic Apps consumption pricing model, you only pay for what you use. Logic Apps are not throttled when using a consumption plan. All actions executed in a run of a logic app instance are metered."

and about the Existing Logic Apps still associated to a Service Plan (notice the point on EA subscription):

"Logic apps previously created referencing an App Service Plan continues to behave as before. Depending on the plan chosen, are throttled after the prescribed daily executions are exceeded but are billed using the action execution meter. EA customers that have an App Service Plan in their subscription, which does not have to be explicitly associated with the Logic App, get the included quantities benefit. For example, if you have a Standard App Service Plan in your EA subscription and a Logic App in the same subscription then you aren't charged for 10,000 action executions per day (see following table)."

I hope this helps, Wagner.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:37 AM