Chart Controls issue within Website - Object Not Set To An Instance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Any help on this would be great.

I've tried implementing the Chart controls onto my current site however I am running into some issues. As soon as I drag/drop a chart onto my webpage the actual chart does not load however I receive a error message stating that object could not be set to an instance (or something fairly similiar).

I cannot run my site when it is live as it keeps displaying a page could not be found issue. Additionally, I have noticed that when I add the following the lines of code to my web.config file it displayed the same 'page could not be found' message as earlier:

<add assembly="System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>

Ive inherited the site from another person with the site mainly created in .asp however I am slowly creating new .aspx pages (chart controls are on the .aspx page) however I still cannot get it to work.

Can someone please help especially with the web.config as it would save a lot time.

Thanks for all the help.

Jas

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:50 PM

All replies

• I've done some further research and it seems that there seems to be an error binding/loading the assemblies. Could someone help as to why the assemblies would not load in a live environment.

Thanks.

Jas

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:50 PM