Excel integration error TF80070 with TFS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• The issue outlined in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsgeneral/thread/039d03d7-4936-4431-9227-a7b549cc9648 has reared its ugly head again, this time with TFS 2008 and TFS 2010. I have Office 2007.

Steps to Reproduce:

1.  Right-click a query from My Queries and select 'Open in Microsoft Excel'.

Excel pops up a dialog that says:

TF80070: Team Foundation encountered an error while performing the operation. It is recommended that you save your work and restart the application.

Restarting the application has no effect.

Friday, April 23, 2010 11:12 PM

All replies

• I also have this problem - any idea on resolving it - Excel integration is effectively broken
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:21 PM
  • lets try with Ms excel 2003.Not sure.Give a try.

uninstall current version n then reinstall it.have you done with this option.check with the permissions as well....

• Proposed as answer by Steve Walpole Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:57 PM
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:13 AM
  • Hi

I have also had this problem i managed to get around the issue by deleting the excel addin within excel.

Within excel option select add-ins and select comm add-in and delete the Team Foundation add-in.  Then add the add-in back.

This worked for me.

Steve

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:01 PM
  • Thanks for the idea Steve - I tried that, but it didn't work - still searching for a solution.  We are trying to do a repair on Team Explorer to see if that will fix up anything.
    • Proposed as answer by Bryan Hinton Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 4:30 PM
  •  

I found what I believe is the solution - it has worked for multiple people that have run across this same issue -

This fix was found at the following URL - http://www.mail-archive.com/oztfs@oztfs.com/msg00714.html

Copy the following contents to a config file and name it as Excel.Exe.Config (for TFS Excel Add-In) or WinProj.exe.config (for TFS Project Add-in)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
     <configuration>
    <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
           <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
       </startup>

<system.diagnostics>
         <switches>
           <add name="General" value="4" />
         </switches>
         <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4" />
       </system.diagnostics>
     </configuration>

2.       Copy this config file to the folder where Excel.exe/WinProj.exe is installed (typically this will be Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 or Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12) . On Vista if UAC is turned on then you won't be able to save a file under Program Files. So save this file
     under some other folder (say %temp%) and copy this file to Office install directory under Program Files

3.       Close and re-launch Excel or WinProj

4.       Re-try your scenario. If it doesn’t work Excel trace information will be added to %temp%\tfs_msexcel.log and for MSProject it will added to  %temp%\tfs_msproject.log

• Proposed as answer by Bryan Hinton Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:12 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:09 PM
  • In addition to the config file copy  mentioned by Brian .  Install Office 2007 SP2 this will solve the Office 2007 TFS integration problem.

• Edited by savy_sr Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:49 PM Final solution
    Friday, March 25, 2011 4:00 PM