Apple / Android Apps

Question

•  I note that windows apps can run on Apple phones, does anyone know if this works the other way round. I work in the medical industry and practically all the apps I need are for apple or android phones. For this reason I thought that I would have to get an IPhone. However if I can use apple and android apps on a windows phone then I can stick with a Microsoft Lumia phone.
    Monday, March 16, 2015 10:39 PM

Answers

• You cannot install and\or run iOS or Android apps on Windows phone.

We provide tools to build, debug\test cross-platform apps that target Android, iOS, Windows, and Windows Phone using Visual Studio. You can find more information in the below link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-preview-vs.aspx

Monday, March 16, 2015 11:23 PM
  • >I note that windows apps can run on Apple phones

This is incorrect. Windows apps can only run on Windows.

>does anyone know if this works the other way round

No, it does not. Only iOS apps work on Apple iPhones/iPads. Only Android apps work on Android devices. Only Windows apps work on Windows devices.

> practically all the apps I need are for apple or android phones

You will need an iPhone or Android phone to run those apps.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:52 AM

All replies

• You cannot install and\or run iOS or Android apps on Windows phone.

We provide tools to build, debug\test cross-platform apps that target Android, iOS, Windows, and Windows Phone using Visual Studio. You can find more information in the below link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-preview-vs.aspx

Monday, March 16, 2015 11:23 PM
  • >I note that windows apps can run on Apple phones

This is incorrect. Windows apps can only run on Windows.

>does anyone know if this works the other way round

No, it does not. Only iOS apps work on Apple iPhones/iPads. Only Android apps work on Android devices. Only Windows apps work on Windows devices.

> practically all the apps I need are for apple or android phones

You will need an iPhone or Android phone to run those apps.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:52 AM