none
Is there a way to automatically unbind all $Hidden values in a web performance test in a load test?

Question

• When I record web performance tests to be used for a load test, some of my web test include $Hidden values in the Form Post Parameters.

If I don’t unbind the parameters, the web test will fail when I try to re-run.

To fix this I need to go to each of the values that have $Hidden value, go to the properties and the in the value select Unbind.

This can be tedious in web tests that have many $Hidden parameters.

Is there a way to set VS so that all the $Hidden values are automatically unbounded for a specified web test?

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi newbieBB88,

>>If I don’t unbind the parameters, the web test will fail when I try to re-run.

Generally if we record a web test for a log in page using the username and password, it would capture the values of the username and password under "Form Post Parameters".

One issue is that how you don't "unbind the parameters" during you record the web performance test, as far as I know, it will record the value automatically unless you don't input the value in the login page.

>>Is there a way to set VS so that all the $Hidden values are automatically unbounded for a specified web test?

As far as I know, it has no this function in default VS, but if it is the same request, but you want to use different Parameters like the above sample about the login page, you could use the data drive web performance test, so you could use different username and password just using the data source file, so you don't have to change the value every times.

But if they are different request, as far as I know, we need to change it manually even if I don't know how you record your web performance test.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 09, 2016 7:35 AM