none
Project server 2010-where this time(in the form of hours/days) will be stored that is of resource submitted time RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project server 2010

Now in the workflow approval we are aware that team members submit their time after this the project manager approves the tasks. Once approved we will be able to see the time against the tasks in the plan in MPP.

I am now interested in taking out only that data (or time in hours/days) when the team member submits time in PWA and before project manager approves in PWA. Do you know where this time(in the form of hours/days) will be stored that is of resource submitted time. Can we fetch that data out in customer reports if we are developing one

Thanks for your help as usual

shyam koppikar
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• If you are using timesheets to register the task progress, the timesheet data remains available there at all time and is distinguished by the status. I do not know what get's transfered to the reporting database to allow you to create reports. It all origins in the Published databases MSP_TIMESHEETS and MSP_TIMESHEETLINES tables.

The second place (or the first if you are not using timesheets at all) are the tasks with status updates to be approved byu the project manager - as outlined in your question. Again, I do not know if any data is available in the reporting database, but the tables of concern here are the MSP_TASKS_SAVED and MSP_TASKS_SUBMITTED tables, again in the published database.  Using timesheets the Single Entry mode will propagate timesheet information into the Task Updates. This whole area is part of 'Statusing'.

Jan Cirpka
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:09 PM