none
how to extract audio from shape in powerpoint 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• in powerpoint 2010 we have inserted a audio file (which is embedded in powerpoint). Now i want to extract it through code using COM APIs. But i could not find any proper api to do the same.

Could you please help me how to extract the AUDIO files from powerpoint 2010 through code?

Monday, October 8, 2012 8:20 AM

Answers

• The only way I know is to actually extract the audio data from the PPTX file.  It is zipped, so you'll need to use a library capable of unzipping.

Once you are able to access the files inside the zip, the audio files can be found under: ppt\media

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi 1ash2and,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I would recommend you clarify the scenario of

we have inserted a audio file (which is embedded in powerpoint).

It’s based on my experience that you only embedded a media play control in the presentation. And you video will on other side such as local hard disk, net service etc. You need to retrieve the property of the media player control to find out the real path of the media resource.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:27 AM
  • sorry for confusion.

I mean to say in powerpoint -> insert -> audio file option i have inserted the audio in powerpoint 2010.

in ppt 2010 by default the audio is always inserted (not linked). Now through the COM api i want to extract that audio.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:23 AM
  • The only way I know is to actually extract the audio data from the PPTX file.  It is zipped, so you'll need to use a library capable of unzipping.

Once you are able to access the files inside the zip, the audio files can be found under: ppt\media

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:09 PM