none
How can i transfer the data of my online DB to my Local DB

Question

• Hi good day, I'am wondering to where to start about my new project.

In my company we have a Human Resource System that manage about the filing of leave of the employee. Our database is MS SQL SERVER 2014. Our project is to create an web app and online app that the employee can filed their leave anywhere. My question is it is possible to connect mobile apps into our database that place in our office if possible please give me an idea or tutorial. Second question since that we have database just here in office we can create a database online just want to ask an idea on how to transfer data between my online database and my database in my office the scenario is like that. The employee filed a sick leave in mobile apps the data goes to online db. Then the data will be transfer to the database in my office and after the transfering of data our c# application can notify the HR staff that their will be an leave filed..it is possible, sorry for my bad english..all replies are really appreciated 

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:31 AM

Answers

• Hi TinVin727,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, you could use WCF to do what you want.

If your mobile apps is online, you could use WCF to connect to the Sql Server and synchronous the data.

If your mobile apps is offline, you could change data in your mobile app, when your mobile app is online, then synchronous the data between mobile app and Sql Server.

Here is the link of WCF for your reference.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd456779(v=vs.110).aspx

I hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by TinVin727 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:55 AM

All replies

• Ans 1: Connecting sql server with mobile application -> Check here

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

• Proposed as answer by RohitArora Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:27 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:43 AM
  • Ans2: Seems like you need to have a offline copy of database and then sync it back when it gets connected ?

Rohit Arora

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:45 AM
  • Yes sir, do you have an idea how to do it?
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:32 AM
  • See it this works

Rohit Arora

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:59 AM
  • Hi TinVin727,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, you could use WCF to do what you want.

If your mobile apps is online, you could use WCF to connect to the Sql Server and synchronous the data.

If your mobile apps is offline, you could change data in your mobile app, when your mobile app is online, then synchronous the data between mobile app and Sql Server.

Here is the link of WCF for your reference.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd456779(v=vs.110).aspx

I hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by TinVin727 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:55 AM