Not able to create “Asp.Net Core Web application” in Visual Studio 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• User-531736323 posted

I am not able to create "Asp.Net Core Web application" in Visual Studio 2017. When I select the option to create a "Asp.Net Core Web application" I am not getting any templates in the Listbox to create the application? I even installed .Net Core 2.0 and rebooted my system. Still nothing is getting loaded to proceed?

Any ideas what is it I am missing here? enter image description here

enter image description here

Note: 2 times I have uninstalled it and Installed .Net core 2.0 and Visual Studio 2017 again.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:55 PM

All replies

• User1771544211 posted

Hi snkrishnan1,

Please use the following command in CMD to check if the .NET Core 2.0 SDK is well installed.

dotnet --version

Then make sure the version of VS 2017 you installed is 15.3 or higher, only the 15.3 version supports the .NET Core 2.0 templates.

To check the version of VS 2017 that you installed, please click Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Jean

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:49 AM
  • User-531736323 posted

Thanks for your reply. Seems to be the .Net Core SDK version mismatch issue. 

In the command prompt when I give dotnet --version, I get 

1.0.0-preview2-003131

But in the Installed programs and Features, I can notice .Net core SDK 2.0 is installed. Many times I have re-installed  .Net core SDK 2.0, but the issue is not getting resolved

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

enter image description here

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:43 PM
  • User1771544211 posted

Hi snkrishnan1,

Where do you download the .NET Core SDK installer? Please download the installer from here( https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/core ) and try again.

Here is an issue which report that the installers downloaded from different source may lead to different results after installing them. Please take it as reference.

https://github.com/dotnet/core/issues/961

Best Regards,

Jean

Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:30 AM