none
WPS file format specification RRS feed

• Question

• Is the WPS (Microsoft Works) specification available, and if not, will it be made available in the future?
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:00 PM

Answers

• Steven,

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not currently have plans to document the .WPS (Works) file format.  If you do have any questions related to the documented Office file formats, please let us know.

Dominic Salemno
    Senior Support Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC Protocol Team

Monday, February 23, 2009 6:20 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Steve, thanks for your post. We will review your question and update the forum once our investigation is complete. Thanks!

Thanks

John Dunning

Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Corporation

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Friday, February 13, 2009 11:15 PM
  • Hi Steven,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your case. I am still investigating this and will follow-up with you shortly.

Dominic Salemno

SENIOR SUPPORT ESCALATION ENGINEER

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:08 PM
  • Thank you for looking into this.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:32 PM
  • Steven,

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not currently have plans to document the .WPS (Works) file format.  If you do have any questions related to the documented Office file formats, please let us know.

Dominic Salemno
    Senior Support Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC Protocol Team

Monday, February 23, 2009 6:20 PM
  • this is not the only person who would like to have works documented.  people I know have works documents and cannot get them out of that format into word processors, spreadsheets, and databases other than Microsoft Office.  It would also be nice to be able to get other formats into works format.

Jim Michaels

Friday, April 8, 2011 7:55 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Thank you for your request for the WPS format to be documented.  As you've already seen in this thread, the format is not currently part of the Open Specifications documentation set but we have made note of your request.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, April 8, 2011 2:00 PM