none
Storage account capacity in ASR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know how many machines can we replicate in a single premium storage account during ASR migration.

I know it has a dependency on IOPS but I would like to know the exact or an average number of machines that we can protect/synchronize in a single storage account.

Thanks

Friday, August 10, 2018 11:04 AM

All replies

• As per this document you can register 1000 VM s against each vault for ASR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Friday, August 10, 2018 1:42 PM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 1:42 PM
  • It is not about vault.

It is about the storage account we use for protection.

The data is stored in the storage account in the protection phase.

Could you help me in this scenario?

Monday, August 13, 2018 5:14 AM
  • The number of VM for protection/synchronize depends upon the workloads. Total number is calculated based on all the source VM disks and the daily data change rate. A standard VM can handle up to 500 IOPS per disk. If IOPS for a disk are greater than 500, you need premium storage. A source VM with high IOPS (greater than 20,000) needs a premium storage account. A premium storage account can hold up to 80,000 IOPS. The number is calculated based on the 256K IOPS unit size on the total premium storage accounts.

Refer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/site-recovery-capacity-planner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:10 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:09 PM
  • @Sreelekshmi:

Just checking in to see if the above suggestions helped or you need further assistance on this issue.

Saturday, August 18, 2018 7:20 PM