none
accessing webservice with security headers from Biztalk 2006 R2 help RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to access a WebService that have Security Policy setup using UserNameToken. I have successfully gotten web service response from custom .NET application using WSE 3.0/2.0 dll. But I am facing issues while trying to do the same using WCF adapters and SOAP adapters for Biztalk . Here the issues that I am having,

with WCF-WSHTTP and WCF-Custom adapters, I am getting the following exception

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SP_PSTest" with URL "<WSDL>". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>......

Eventhough I have chosen Text/Utf-8 for Message Encoding/Text Encoding, I am not sure why "application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8" encoding is being used by WCF adapter. I have read that this is the standard for SOAP 1.2. So is there any setting on WCF adapter to specify SOAP 1.1 to use?

Is there any help for accessing webservice with security header from biztalk ?which adapter is more compatible ?I have not tried with WSE2.0 and WSE 3.0.Does that help? If so I should install WSE 2.0 or 3.0? what else is recommended / needed for this working.

Pl help.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try using the basicHttpBinding and not the WsHttpBinding

David GROSPELIER NOVELI dgr@noveli.fr blog.noveli.fr
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:40 AM