none
SplitButton Screentip Overidding Menu Screentip RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be having an issue getting the first (top) button on a splitbutton to display a different screentip from the menu associated with it.

I would like the top button to display the screentip "Show Styles Window" and the menu to display a screentip "Apply Styles" but it seems to display Show Styles Window regardless whether I hover over the button or menu section. I have included my code below.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Louis

<splitButton id="ApplyStyles" size="large">
         <button id="btnApplyStyles" screentip="Show Styles Window" supertip="Instead of using direct formatting, use styles to format your document so you can quickly and easily apply a set of formatting choices consistently throughout your document." getEnabled="OnRibbonLoad.GetEnabled" onAction="ApplyStyles.applyStylesPane" imageMso="ChangeStylesMenu" label="Apply Styles" />
         <menu id="ApplyStyles_mnu" itemSize="large" screentip="Apply Styles" supertip="Select a specific set of styles to apply to the current document." getEnabled="OnRibbonLoad.GetEnabled">
        <button id="btnAttachNumbering" label="Contract Numbering" screentip="Contract Numbering" supertip="Apply Contract Numbering Styles to the current document.&#13;&#13;Styles apply automatic numbering as well as formatting characteristics, such as font name, size, paragraph alignment and spacing." imageMso="GroupMeetingsToolAppointmentShow" onAction="ApplyStyles.ShowHideAttachNumStyles" />
     </menu>
    </splitButton>
    • Edited by LCJ187 Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:37 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Yoyo Jiang,

I am guessing that whatever screentip you provide for the button is also provided for the menu.

Thanks alot for your input!

Louis

• Marked as answer by LCJ187 Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi LCJ187,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

What is the version of the word? Would you please show some screenshots for us?

I have tested the ribbon xml file on word 2007. The screentip for the menu doesn't show up and the screentip for the button shows instead. Please refer to the following screenshots:

Thanks.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Hi Yoyo Jiang,

I am guessing that whatever screentip you provide for the button is also provided for the menu.

Thanks alot for your input!

Louis

• Marked as answer by LCJ187 Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:16 PM