Change password feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need something clarified.Our company uses ADFS and SCCM together with Intune.

So we use on-prem. AD.

We use the Company Portal app on IOS for our iphones. Everything is working fine.So here is my question:

In order to use the Change Password option for a user in de Comp. Portal app we need Azure AD Premium?

Am I correct? 

Friday, July 31, 2015 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hello DinoZoff,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting your query here. By default, your Windows Azure AD directory comes with a free feature that allows every directory admin to perform their own self-service password reset. Now, with the self-service password reset for users feature available in the Windows Azure Active Directory Premium or Basic, you can now quickly turn on policy that will extend the same rich admin capabilities to all the users in your directory.

I hope that you are looking for the same, then you might want to refer the different editions of Azure Active Directory  and available features, also Configure Self Service password reset.

Hope this will helps!

Let us know if you need any further assistance!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Friday, July 31, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Greetings!

Self-Service Password Change for cloud users is a Free feature in Azure AD whereas Self-Service Password Reset for cloud users is a Basic / Premium feature in Azure AD.

Reference: Password Management in Azure AD

Hope this clarifies!

Thank you,

Arvind

• Proposed as answer by Arvind S. Iyer Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by DinoZoff Monday, August 3, 2015 5:20 AM
    Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:21 PM

All replies

• Hello DinoZoff,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting your query here. By default, your Windows Azure AD directory comes with a free feature that allows every directory admin to perform their own self-service password reset. Now, with the self-service password reset for users feature available in the Windows Azure Active Directory Premium or Basic, you can now quickly turn on policy that will extend the same rich admin capabilities to all the users in your directory.

I hope that you are looking for the same, then you might want to refer the different editions of Azure Active Directory  and available features, also Configure Self Service password reset.

Hope this will helps!

Let us know if you need any further assistance!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Friday, July 31, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Greetings!

Self-Service Password Change for cloud users is a Free feature in Azure AD whereas Self-Service Password Reset for cloud users is a Basic / Premium feature in Azure AD.

Reference: Password Management in Azure AD

Hope this clarifies!

Thank you,

Arvind

• Proposed as answer by Arvind S. Iyer Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by DinoZoff Monday, August 3, 2015 5:20 AM
    Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:21 PM
  • Ok password change is a free feature. But when I tap on the password change button in the IOS Company Portal app I am redirected to a page which states that my Company does not allow this.

What am I doing wrong?

Monday, August 3, 2015 7:28 AM