none
Issues with workflows

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a leave request form on SharePoint O365.

I create the site using OOB tools since I'm not a developer, I used SharePoint Designer 2013 to create and publish an approval workflow.

in the workflow it sends a task request to the manager for approval, once the task is assigned I get the below error.

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled after 4/3/2017 4:48 PM. Details of last request: HTTP InternalServerError to https://companywebsite.sharepoint.com/sites/LR/_api/SP.RelatedItemManager.addSingleLink?

anyone can help me with this.

Thanks

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi ITJOhnny- need details on your workflow. Please provide screenshots. Also exactly when and where are you getting this error?

cameron rautmann

Monday, April 3, 2017 2:22 PM
  • Hi ITJ0hnny,

As croute1 mentioned, please provide more information about your workflow.

Make sure you have enabled the “Workflows can use app permissions” feature and called “/_api/SP.RelatedItemManager.addSingleLink……” HTTP Web Service inside the app step.

In addition, you could try the SharePoint Designer workflow with 2010 workflow platform type, check if the issue still occurs.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:59 AM
  • Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:08 AM
  • above is a screen shot of my workflow, and I have checked "Workflows can use app permissions” is enabled in the settings.

if you need additional information tell me
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

I was looking around and found the following article (http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2013/12/21/trials-or-tribulation-inside-sharepoint-2013-workflowspart-1/)

It shows how to use workflows in SharePoint Designer 2013, but I'm not sure if I have to do all the steps in the article so I can accomplish my tasks.

Regards

Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:02 AM
  • First, you should log each step of your workflow to see what happens after each action. That will clue you in on what's not working and where. The only thing I see that's questionable is your 2nd stage for Sales. Not sure how you're getting a variable equaling 0?

cameron rautmann

Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:11 PM
  • I have already adjusted the 2nd stage for Sales, I will add log entries to each step and monitor the result.
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:11 PM
  • Hi ITJ0hnny,

Have you found the action which threw the exception?

Add "Pause for Duration" before the action, see if it could help.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

As I see it, once a task is assigned I get that error.

adding logs didst help at all.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

I noticed something strange I thought I share it with you.

I have initialized the workflow on my list, my workflow has many stages of approval.

once a task is assigned I get the above error and the workflow is stuck.But after waiting a couple of days it seems that there is a timeout for the workflow and it moves one more step.

The workflow didn't finish yet but it moved one more step after timing out somewhere.

History logging showes that it moved to the second step, but not sure why it is being stuck yet.

Regards

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Sounds like it could be timer jobs hanging up.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:58 AM
  • so what can I do about it? remember I'm using the online version of SharePoint.

Regards

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:12 PM