How do i remove text from image which has been merged into image? RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am loving expression design and its simplicity. But , how do i edit or remove text from image.

For layer image, its simple but for merged images i am having difficulties.

Please help me

Regards

binaya

Friday, February 6, 2015 5:36 AM

All replies

• It's a bit difficult to answer, I don't use Design all that much but I just installed it - it seemed similar to Photoshop (you might look at that - they offer some good deals and they have online support which has helped me immensely, plus I am taking a couple of classes for it) Also check Groupon for deals for classes or PluralSite.

But on the original image, did you add the text as a new layer?  And did you keep that text as its own layer?  If you are able to upload the image, I will see what I can do.  But there are just so many factors that do into play when creating an image.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:44 PM
  • The OP already stated that this is a merged file.

In a merged image, what you see is all that's there. The parts of the image that were covered by the text are gone--discarded by the merge process. That's true in all graphics programs. You'll have to start over again--and always save an editing copy when you do a merge.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?"
    "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue."
    It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:48 PM