none
Most exported emails as PST file using Powershell doesn't show message body. RRS feed

• Question

• HI.

I currently use Exchange 2010 SP1.

I'm trying to export emails as PST file using command like below.

New-mailboxexportrequest -Mailbox Mike  -ContentFilter{(Received -ge "05/16/2011") -and  (Received -lt "05/21/2011")} -FilePath " \\BOX\TEST.pst"

most of them emails in PST file exported does not contain Message Body.

Anyone know what cause it and how to export all emails including message.

Thanks.

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies

• What version of Outlook are you using ? Typically this problem can be cause by Outlook plugs-in such as client side virus scanners etc a good way to test if it might be something within your client is to use MFCMapi to open the PST files (as long as you have added it to one of your outlook profiles). With this tool you can look to see if the underlying Body properties of the message actually do contain the body or are blank etc. (You could also do something like copy one of the messages back into a mailbox and then try to view it in OWA).

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:23 AM
  • Outlook 2007 sp2 mso

I tried MFCMapi to open PST file. the result is same as using Outlook. it didn't show some message body as well.

When I opened Other User's Folder from OUTLOOK, the email contained the message body correctly.

so, I assumed that there is something happen during creating PST file using Powershell in a Server.

Any other suggestions for this issue?
    Friday, July 29, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Did you have a look at the message properties themselves in MFCMapi eg PR_HTML and PR_Body to see if there is content in those properties ?

Your probably looking at an environment issue so its something within your particular environment that's causing the problem so start by looking to see if there is any file level antivirus scanners where your running the export. Some of these use File Level drivers which mean they intercept each of the file writes to the PST which can cause problems.

Silly question if you try this without the content filter does it work ?

Cheers

Glen

Monday, August 1, 2011 3:31 AM
  • I found one thing. The mailbox I tied to export is not regular Mailbox but Journal Mailbox . each mail has attahcement but it doesn't have any content inside but only sender and recipient. is it any way to export as pst file with all message with certain date range? Thanks!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:30 PM
  • I'm also experiencing this problem, I've found this related thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/fa802286-c867-400b-9cad-505f5dfdafb4/

I'm working with Microsoft to determine if this is indeed the fix.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:29 PM