none
nsoftware BizTalk FTP over SSL Transmit Adapter, Error uploading FTP data: Timeout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using third party nsoftware FTPS adapter over SSL implicit encryption to send message from BizTalk to FTP location.
    I have all the details like server name, Port, Username and password.
    Using above details message has been sent successfully using CoreFTP or FileZilla. But when I posted message using nsoftware FTPS adapter I got below error with message got dehydrated in BizTalk and at the same time FTP location received a zero byte file.

Error Details:
    Source: nsoftware BizTalk FTP Transmit Adapter ()
    Source URI: FTP://Username@IPAddress:991/%SourceFileName%
    Message Type: Error
    Current Thread: 49
    Transmission failed for message "Meessage ID": Error uploading FTP data: Timeout.

I have spent so much time by applying different configuration possibilities in nsoftware FTPS adapter configuration, but no luck.

Kindly help.

ganesh

Friday, June 1, 2012 8:06 AM

Answers

• I have a scenario where I upload using the nsoftware adapter FTP over SSL to a FileZilla server too. I would also enable the debug in the send port with maximum verbosity like David mentioned. Another thing I did for diagnostics was to use an FTP client like wsFTP to test the connection.

Looking at the FTP log in an FTP client can make it easier to diagnose this. In my scenario I had to send a few extra FTP commands to get the messages to upload successfully. I will get those extra commands and reply back a little later today with those.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Ganesh,

have you tried to do ftp from command promt, try to see if there are any firewall issues etc.,

if ftp is working fine from command prompt then you can see if issue is with adapter configuration.

KiranMP

Friday, June 1, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

I did FTP from command promt and found no firewall issues.

ganesh

Friday, June 1, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

Try increasing the timeout property.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Friday, June 1, 2012 10:41 AM
  • i meant try to ftp using Biztalk application user account, also check if there are any logs on ftp server. if file size is huge then increae timeout as mentioned by Bali

KiranMP

Friday, June 1, 2012 11:07 AM
  • I have increased the timeout and got the error "FTP protocol error: 421 Connection timed out."

One thing I noticed that when the message was sent to FTPS adpter, zero byte file was created in the FTP location.

At the same time message was in active state and gets dehydrated after threshold.

On the second retry message rehydrated and this time error was "Transmission failed for message. Error uploading FTP data: Connection dropped by remote host.".

I don't understand why FTP over SLL Transmission was successful through CoreFTP tool, but failed from nsoftware FTPS adapter..

Please help...

ganesh

Friday, June 1, 2012 11:43 AM
  • this looks like permission issue only login using Biztalk host account and try to do ftp, also any errors in event logs etc.?

KiranMP

Friday, June 1, 2012 12:01 PM
  • Hi Ganesh,

What is the timeout value that you are using and also can you share the file size. Can you try with a smaller file so that we can rule out timeout due to file size issues

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

• Edited by DPS Bali Saturday, June 2, 2012 6:33 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 12:18 PM
  • I had an issue in the past with nsoftware sftp adapter, have a look here : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/biztalkgeneral/thread/b8d2b230-ba79-4683-9234-757584563e4f

Christophe BRANDO...If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Christ,

The link that you mentioned above is for FTP over SSH and I am trying for FTP over SSL.

Bali,

I tried to send file of size 2 to 4 KB by setting timeout from 30 to 600 with no luck. Still facing the same error.

ganesh

Monday, June 4, 2012 3:59 AM
  • Ganesh,

Which transfer mode are you using? Try to change it see this blog for explanation on transfer modes.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Tranfer Mode = Default and Passive = True

ganesh

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

I'm not sure it will help you but I had the same problem yesterday with the /n software adapter. I got this error while using the wrong proxy type. In my case, I have a proxy of type 'HTTP Tunnel' and I was using a SOCKS5 proxy type. When I change the proxy type, everything was fine.

Also, did you setup the Log Type to DEBUG in the send port, so you can maybe have a better explanation of the error ?

Bye.

David GROSPELIER ReachSOA - Architect and co-founder dgr@reachsoa.com http://www.reachsoa.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:14 AM
  • I have a scenario where I upload using the nsoftware adapter FTP over SSL to a FileZilla server too. I would also enable the debug in the send port with maximum verbosity like David mentioned. Another thing I did for diagnostics was to use an FTP client like wsFTP to test the connection.

Looking at the FTP log in an FTP client can make it easier to diagnose this. In my scenario I had to send a few extra FTP commands to get the messages to upload successfully. I will get those extra commands and reply back a little later today with those.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I know its been while this post was updated. But if you coudl share those extra FTP commands, it would be helpful. I am also getting the timeout error.

Cheers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:43 PM