Problem with starting an exe through WMI RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a console app on my pc that kicks off an exe on remote machine,i am using wmi to do this in console application. I am able to start app like notepad,calc.exe on the remote machine.

The problem is when i try to start that particular exe, it starts properly and also starts working on some excel docs(as expected), for which it starts a excel process. the excel process starts and the app starts making changes to the excel do and gets hanged. can any one explain me the cause for this...

Thnx in advance

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:09 PM forum consolidation (From:Architecture, Tools, and Process for ISVs)
    Sunday, December 2, 2007 7:36 AM

All replies

• When you're doing anything remotely, the first thing you need to look at is security. 

Obviously it's a huge risk allowing some remote user to run executables on your machine.  You may not have permissions to perform certain actions.

To diagnose the problem, it would be good to find out when the hang is occurring.  What is the operation that you are attempting when it hangs, or does it do it in different places?

Difficult to imagine what it would be without this information, and even then, it's going to be difficult!

Martin Platt.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:10 PM