none
Copying from Datagridview to MS Outlook without losing Gridlines

Question

• How can I copy Data from Datagridview without losing formatting (Gridlines). Works okay if you are copying from MS Access, however only the data is pasted when you copy from a Datagridview. The Gridlines are lost.
    Friday, November 20, 2015 8:49 PM

Answers

• Hi VB Program,

I re-test it, it will lose the gridlines. I copying from visual studio 2015 to outlook 2013.

I think it doesn't supoort it. Thank you for your understanding. See the screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Some clarifications with you:

(1) If you want to use the code to copy the datagridview data to outlook, could you show us the code?

(2) If you copy it directly, I tested this issue on my machine, and it will keep the gridlines.

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, November 23, 2015 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

I tried copying directly from VS 2012 to MS Outlook 2013. Which version of VS are you using and which version of Outlook? The option to paste as picture is not available in Outlook.

Monday, November 23, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Hi VB Program,

I re-test it, it will lose the gridlines. I copying from visual studio 2015 to outlook 2013.

I think it doesn't supoort it. Thank you for your understanding. See the screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:37 AM