External Data Pull with no results RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, I have a workflow report setup that pulls the records that are in each person's queue through a link to an RDL file and loads the data to my Data Model.  I essentially run 1 pull for each of my users and then use power query to combine them all together.  The problem I am running into is that if the user does not have any records in their queue at the time I update the data it returns an error and leaves in the data that was there previously.  

Does anyone know a workaround for this.  If there is nothing in their queue I just want it to return the column headers with no data.  Any thoughts?

Monday, October 3, 2016 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi sos 7,

I am trying to create an empty table in excel worksheet and load it without any issue in Excel 2016 version. Could you please share the error massage and screenshot for further analysis?

In tool bar, click Date->New Query, input your server and database as follows, and click Ok. I can select the empty table in the Navigator pane.

Then I edit it according to the below snapshot.

For your issue, you can enter null to the table when the user does not have any records in their queue at the time, then load it using Power Query.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:17 AM