ADF Copy Data issue - dynamic content in Filepath causing errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I'm new here and fairly new to ADF. I've been debugging this process for some time now, and can't find a great answer anywhere online. 

I'm attempting to create a simple process in Azure Data Factory v2 which moves any files dumped into a filepath on the Azure Data Lake Storage:    FILES/RAW/2019/04/30     (notice the year, month, day format of this filepath).

The files are zipped, and an unknown number of zipped files with a large variety of filenames can be dropped into a new filepath, each day.

To account for this, I created a dynamic content filepath with a file wildcard like such:

FILEPATH: FILES/RAW/@{formatDateTime(utcnow(),'yyyy')}/@{formatDateTime(utcnow(),'mm)}/@{formatDateTime(utcnow(),'dd')}

FILE:/*.zip

I will get an error, though, which says:

Activity TrevorTestCopy failed: Failure happened on 'Source' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorFileNotFound,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Cannot find the 'Azure Data Lake Store' file. . Service request id: 60c91605-c9ce-4fd7-b1d3-f899946097ac Response details: {"RemoteException":{"exception":"FileNotFoundException","message":"File/Folder does not exist: /FILES/RAW/2019/57/30 [60c91605-c9ce-4fd7-b1d3-f899946097ac][2019-04-30T13:57:17.7239117-07:00]","javaClassName":"java.io.FileNotFoundException"}},Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary,''Type=System.Net.WebException,Message=The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.,Source=System,'

Why would the dynamic content be creating a filepath like: FILES/RAW/2019/57/30 [serial][serial]? 

Are the serial numbers part of the output? 

Is there a better solution I should be using for this? 

Thanks! 

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:01 PM

All replies

• I think updating this 

@{formatDateTime(utcnow(),'mm)}

to 

@{formatDateTime(utcnow(),'MM)}

should fix the issue 

Thanks Himanshu

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:11 PM