none
BizTalk WCF SAP Adapter – Orders05 IDOC Schema generation inconsistency RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Couple of things that you can check:

1. Make sure that the Idoc is released
    2. Verify if the extended Idoc type ZORDERS is defined under the message type ORDERS. A similar issue is discussed in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/1ba020f2-85e7-4505-ac7e-5b0f7ea5b39d

Thanks,
    Jeevitha

Friday, May 22, 2009 6:15 AM
  • Hi Jeevitha,

Thanks for the pointer.
    The IDOC was not released and also the IDOC type was changed.
    The problem was resolved.

I am facing another problem.
    There is a field for which some custom values have been added by my SAP colleagues.
    Now BizTalk generates the schema for the IDOC but it does not seem to be pulling all the enumeration values for the corresponding node in teh schema which is resulting in message validation.

I already checked with my colleagues if the custom values need to be released but they say there is no such thing on SAP for values.

Can you give any pointers on this problem?

Regards,
    Ritesh
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:02 PM
  • Hi Ritesh,

By "field for which some custom values have been added ", do you mean a parameter of a custom data type with some restrictions?
    (Something like enum data types in C, that can take a value from a set of possible values)

Can you please elaborate more on the parameter type and the custom values?

Thanks,
    Jeevitha
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Hi Jeevitha,

Yes, I was refering to a field E1EDPT1-TDID which is of enum type as you mentioned.
    There is a custom value 'ZA03' added to this field in SAP but in the schema, this field has enumeration values which do not contain this value.
    Due to this, the message fails in schema validation.
    There are some more fields where I have faced the same issue.

Regards,
    Ritesh
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:57 PM
  • Can you execute the Rfc SEGMENT_READ_COMPLETE with PI_SEGTYP='E1EDPT1' and verify if the custom value that you have added (ZA03, in this case) is present in the PT_FVALUES table param returned?

If it is not present in the list, then you have missed something while adding the custom values. And your sap experts should be able to help you with this.

Thanks,
    Jeevitha

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:11 PM