Copy Slides to Presentation... RRS feed

• Question

• So the environment is SharePoint 2010, Office 2013. In a Slide Library, whenever I click on Copy Slides to Presentation, all it does is refresh the page. In F12 Debugger mode, the error at hand is: 'CallInsertSlides' is undefined.

I've noticed that it only happens in 32-bit machines. It works perfect in 64-bit.

Any thoughts?

Monday, October 31, 2016 12:28 PM

Answers

• Well, I've found the actual problem, and it has nothing to do with SharePoint 2010 OR PowerPoint 2013. EMET was blocking the event on Internet Explorer. After making a change on EMET, it's working fine again.

Thanks anyway.

• Marked as answer by Surg Hoods Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

With the error you provide, it may be caused by not loading "sldlib.js" file.

Please click F12 and check if the "sldlib.js" is loaded.

If not, you can add the code as below:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/_layouts/1033/SLDLIB.js"></script>

Best Regards,

Andy Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Well, i tried including that line in the AllItems.aspx file and no luck.  I also added it to a Content Webpart and no luck. But either way, that shouldn't make a difference because, if it works fine on 64-bit machines, that means that SDLIB.js is being loaded fine.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:10 PM
  • Well, I've found the actual problem, and it has nothing to do with SharePoint 2010 OR PowerPoint 2013. EMET was blocking the event on Internet Explorer. After making a change on EMET, it's working fine again.

Thanks anyway.

• Marked as answer by Surg Hoods Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:53 PM
  • What change to EMET did you make?

• Edited by taco8510 Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:47 PM
  • This article provides a solution to copy slide within or between presentation files. Check it if you're looking for a c# solution.

https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spire.Presentation/Spire.Presentation-Program-Guide/Document-Operation/How-to-duplicate-slides-in-PowerPoint-document.html

Thursday, September 7, 2017 3:47 AM
  • Hello Surg, 

Can you please share the "fix" with us?  I have a user experiencing the very same issue.  

Thanks!

MO

Friday, September 8, 2017 2:29 PM

Thanks anyway.

Can you provide more details on how EMET was blocking the event in IE?  I have not been able to find anything else that would explain the cause and I am trying to correct the same issue now.
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:53 PM