BAM. Universal BAM definition RRS feed

• Question

• I recently got a requirement to create a BAM solution which should work without redeployment of definitions with broad range of scenarios (hence tracking profiles). Each redeployment is a real pain.

I'm thinking about something like the "universal BAM definition" which can be used for all my tracking profiles.

Is there another ways to satisfy this requirement?

Maybe somebody also tried this "universal BAM definition" approach and have a real-life experience with it?

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk Development Architecture

Friday, January 3, 2014 4:42 PM

All replies

• I see just one issue with this, which being that you cannot have multiple TPE's as each TPE will overwrite the previous ones.. so you'd need to create ONE TPE into which you'd need to add all the orchestrations and for each orchestration map it to the same "Activity Id" and other fields in your BAM Definitions.

The other way is to use BAM through the BAM API in which case you needn't bother about the TPE profiles but would warrant a thorough mapping of the orchestration/shapes to the various BAM Elements during the design and build stage. 

Regards.

Friday, January 3, 2014 5:41 PM
  • Thank you Shankycheil!

Seems it will not work for me, because I want to use the same definition for many projects and having one TP would be awkward.

I would try to construct something from the logging and typed custom events. BAM is too rigid for this requirement.

Friday, January 3, 2014 6:01 PM
  • All I'll say is the "plan for everything in advance" never, ever works out.
    Friday, January 3, 2014 6:07 PM
  • All I'll say is the "plan for everything in advance" never, ever works out.

:)

one thing is for sure... not this one :(  ... enjoyment is never ended

Friday, January 3, 2014 6:19 PM