outlook2013 (office365 ) not shown in share contract for sending mail.

Question

• hi,

I am developing Windows 8.1 app in which I have to send mail using outlook 2013.

I have created share contract but when I try to share, sharing contract doesn't show  outlook 2013 .

is this problem with OS or outlook 2013 (trial version)?

or should I need to something extra in my app to invoke outlook 2013 ?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:50 AM

Answers

• Outlook 2013 is does not implement a sharing contract. You can use the mailto: protocol to send email via the default email application.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:42 PM
  • To add to what Matt said, you can share only to other Windows Store apps. Desktop apps such as Outlook cannot be share targets. In many cases users will attach the Mail app to their email server and share through that even if they usually use a desktop client.

Unless you're targeting a very specific use case you should share and let the user choose rather than using mailto: to force an email app and hope the user doesn't use a browser based client, Facebook, etc..

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:42 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Outlook 2013 is does not implement a sharing contract. You can use the mailto: protocol to send email via the default email application.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:42 PM
  • To add to what Matt said, you can share only to other Windows Store apps. Desktop apps such as Outlook cannot be share targets. In many cases users will attach the Mail app to their email server and share through that even if they usually use a desktop client.

Unless you're targeting a very specific use case you should share and let the user choose rather than using mailto: to force an email app and hope the user doesn't use a browser based client, Facebook, etc..

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:42 PM
    Owner