none
Connecting my C# WinForms Application with Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my C# Document Management System to Outlook. So far so good, I've managed to create regions etc to view my custom folder structure in a custom made region in outlook. But... here comes the problem. What I want is, in my eyes, quite difficult. The next picture is a folder structure from Sharepoint. Sharepoint uses a list type to show in Outlook.

This picture shows exactly what I want in Outlook. But I want to show items from my Document Management System. 

Sharepoint Folders

I'm wondering if this is possible to create with C#. So I can view the documents from my Document management system in Outlook. I've tried to manually create a folder structure and importing the documents but that makes outlook very slow. With only around 100 documents... Imagine how slow it would be with around +10.000 documents in outlook..

How can I achieve such goal? Is there any type of connector which I can customize to work with my application? 

I hope someone can help me to achieve this goal! It's a big thing for. I really need to get it to work.

All the best,

Jouke van Rossum

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Jouke

Could you share code here so that we can find how to improve performance?

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Hi Andy,

What do you mean by sharing code? I don't have any code to accomplish the result shown in the picture. That's why I asked here how to accomplish it!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:28 AM