none
WCF Custom Adapter with SQL Binding RRS feed

• Question

• I have a receive location configured with a WCF-Custom adapter and SQL binding. The receive location has a custom pipeline, which archives the incoming SQL data using a simple archive mechanism and a XML disassembler. 

The polling statement in configured to execute a SP. When the SP returns a dataset of about 100 records the data gets archived and disassembled and gets consumed by the orch.

When the SP returns about 1000 rows of data, the archiving seems to work (as I can see the data) but the disassembler generates an error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object', which suggest that the disassembler is not receiving the full data stream.

I then re-configured the port with the built-in 'XML Receive' pipeline, and the message was received (1000 rows) and processed with success.

Anybody experience this before?

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

Monday, December 10, 2012 4:22 PM

Answers

• If the issue is removed when using a standard XMLReceive Pipeline, it sounds like there is an error in the archive Pipeline Component.  Are you using the BizTalk Archiver found on CodePlex or have you built your own?

Also have you considered using the built-in Tracking instead of an Archiver Component? Tracking enables you to store the original message before the Disassemble stage as well.

Morten la Cour

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How are you archiving the incoming SQL message? Can you share your code?

Regards,

René

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:10 PM
  • If the issue is removed when using a standard XMLReceive Pipeline, it sounds like there is an error in the archive Pipeline Component.  Are you using the BizTalk Archiver found on CodePlex or have you built your own?

Also have you considered using the built-in Tracking instead of an Archiver Component? Tracking enables you to store the original message before the Disassemble stage as well.

Morten la Cour

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:36 AM
  • What is the archiving mechanism used by you can you elaborate so we can help trace the problem.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:43 AM