Certification failed because screenshots are "graphically enhanced"? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

Today my app was rejected with following response:

D:: The screenshots provided do not reflect the app or are graphically enhanced but are not marked appropriately.

Funny thing that I'm pretty sure that there was no graphics modification and only one screenshot was re-saved using Photoshop to reduce its size. As for me it seems really weird that screenshots from simulator in PNG format are often larger than 2Mb and Dashboard refuses to accept such screens. In my case screenshot is based on painting (some sort of puzzle) and there is no regular areas, gradients, etc., so PNG file weights about 2.7Mb. After re-saving in Photoshop it becomes 1.99Mb, but such reducing leads to app rejection.

I'm not speaking of fuzzy logic of full app reapprove when there are meta-data issues, that is subject for another discussion. I'm just wondering what should I do to pass certification tests if I can't upload original 2.7Mb screenshot and not allowed to upload reduced one? Are there any support team guys who can help me with the issue?

Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine

Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi

What's the pixel size of your screenshots ?

You could maybe try with paint to resize it.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi

What's the pixel size of your screenshots ?

You could maybe try with paint to resize it.

All screens are 1366x768.

Here is one of them: http://runserver.net/temp/screenshot_12062012_200851.png

And I'm not sure that mofication in 'Paint' would not be consisdered as 'graphics enhancements'.

• Edited by Gorbuz Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:25 AM
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:25 AM
  • No solution? Don't upload screenshots at all?

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Have the same issue. The emulator makes a screenshot of 1366x768 resolution but it's size is 3 Mb. The dashboard allows to upload only 2Mb screenshots. How publish then?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:54 AM
  • I have this issue quite a number times. I use gimp colors/posterize option to reduce the number of colors in the image until the image is < 2MB. The saved image has always been accepted by the store. 
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:28 AM