Power Pivot Error Msg RRS feed

• Question

• When i open the excel with power pivot function, it will appear an error msg.

"Failed to connect to the server, Reason: Unspecified error.

Please help to check.

Thanks

• Moved by Ben Cline1 Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:11 PM not related to BizTalk (From:BizTalk Server EDI and AS2)
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:56 AM

Answers

• Did you check your connections in PowerPivot? Probably you don't have the permission to access one or more data sources.

In the PowerPivot window click  Table > Existing Connections. In the opened window you can edit (or refresh) your connections. In case there is a connection to a flat file check the directory and/or the drive letter (mapped Network Drive)   

Eddy N.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Yap,

Can you explain what you meant by PowerPivot function? Do you get this message when you click on PowerPivot button in PowerPivot tab?

Thanks, Deva [MSFT] My blog: http://powerpivot.spaces.live.com/
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:19 PM
  • The owner that created the excel with power pivot function can access it. Once it shared to another user, then when open the file then will appear the msg.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Hihi..any solution on that?
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:28 AM
  • Did you check your connections in PowerPivot? Probably you don't have the permission to access one or more data sources.

In the PowerPivot window click  Table > Existing Connections. In the opened window you can edit (or refresh) your connections. In case there is a connection to a flat file check the directory and/or the drive letter (mapped Network Drive)   

Eddy N.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:47 AM
  • I am also getting PowerPivot refresh error frequently. Sometimes I have no problems refreshing the same PowerPivot file with the Excel database in my local drive, but when I get a message, "Unspecified error" for refreshing, I cannot refresh any of my powerpivot databases with my Excel databases saved in my local drive.  FYI, I am just using the excel file database which I downloaded from SAP to refresh the PowerPivot databases in PowerPivot Window.  Please let me know what is causing this "Unspecified error" refreshing problem. 

⇒ This problem was resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest release of PowerPivot for Excel from Microsoft's download centre. 

• Proposed as answer by Data Wizard Saturday, August 6, 2016 6:25 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Data Wizard Saturday, August 6, 2016 6:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Data Wizard Saturday, August 6, 2016 6:25 AM
    • Edited by Data Wizard Saturday, August 6, 2016 6:29 AM
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 9:32 AM