[UWP][C#] FileOpenPicker and SD Cards RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm not able to pick up songs with the FileOpenPicker from the SD card on Windows 10 10.0.10240 Emulators (the SD card is emulated from a local folder).

I'm using the FilePicker in the Windows universal samples. 

Actually, this behavior is different from Windows Phone 8.1 in which the FileOpenPicker shows the SD card as a location. 

Any advice?

Thanks

Saturday, August 22, 2015 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hello dsmwb,

I checked your mentioned scenario and yes, the SD card cannot be accessed by the FileOpenPicker in windows 10 emulator, while I also made a test with a phone device, with a device, I could access the SD card and it is set as a removeable storage item. For why the SD card is not shown with the FileOpenPicker, I would help confirm this scenario internally, and will post a update to here as soon as we any result. Currently, you could test your application with a device.

By the way, please also check this guide post to add a proper tag for the thread title.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, August 24, 2015 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by dsmwb Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:18 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hello dsmwb,

I checked your mentioned scenario and yes, the SD card cannot be accessed by the FileOpenPicker in windows 10 emulator, while I also made a test with a phone device, with a device, I could access the SD card and it is set as a removeable storage item. For why the SD card is not shown with the FileOpenPicker, I would help confirm this scenario internally, and will post a update to here as soon as we any result. Currently, you could test your application with a device.

By the way, please also check this guide post to add a proper tag for the thread title.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, August 24, 2015 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by dsmwb Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:18 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 7:25 AM
  • Hello,

Any update? The problem is the same with the FolderPicker, no?

Best regards,

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:05 PM