.Net and accepting responses from SMS Text Messages RRS feed

• Question

• User-1188570427 posted

What technology do I use to send a user a text message and ask them to respond with Yes or No and then take that information and update my database via a Web Forms application?

Example: the Dentist sends me a reminder for my appointment and they want to know if I am going to make it. They say: Send Y if you will make it or N if you will not. They take the Y and then it confirms that I will make the appointment.

Thanks.

Friday, June 15, 2018 12:46 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

There is nothing in the .NET framework that satisfies your requirement. The usual approach to this is to integrate with an external SMS service. They will take care of the sending and receiving of texts. They will provide an API, usually a web service of some description that enables you to post the content of a message and retrieve the content of the reply. You need to google or bing around for suitable contenders. I don't know if there are any free ones.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2018 1:13 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

There is nothing in the .NET framework that satisfies your requirement. The usual approach to this is to integrate with an external SMS service. They will take care of the sending and receiving of texts. They will provide an API, usually a web service of some description that enables you to post the content of a message and retrieve the content of the reply. You need to google or bing around for suitable contenders. I don't know if there are any free ones.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2018 1:13 PM
  • User-1188570427 posted

Cool. Thank you. I guess this is an example: https://www.eztexting.com/ez-texting-features-helping-you-acquire-engage-and-service-customers

Friday, June 15, 2018 3:27 PM