none
Unable to publish project using QueuePublish() method of PSI [Project Server 2007] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are trying  to create and publish Project Plan in C# code using predefined Project template however error occur during publish project. I have used QueuePublish method() to publish the project. The template that we used it has two task, two genric resources and and two assignments.

Using PSI:
    I have created Project using template sucessfully
    I have updated the respective properties and custom feilds of newly created Project Plan successfully
    the next steps step i am publishing the plan but unable to publish it due ro following error

the error i am getting in code is on QueuePublish method:
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralSecurityAccessDenied Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebService.Project.QueuePublish(Guid jobUid, Guid projectUid, Boolean fullPublish, String WssURL)

your help is highly appriciated..

Thanks in advance

Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hey Good news.. Problem was with credentails... Now its publishing correctly.. Thanks for all support.
    • Marked as answer by PP at Work Friday, September 24, 2010 6:40 AM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 6:40 AM

All replies

• Try to save the plan first then publish please.
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:27 PM
  • Thanks Chris!!! you inputs was highly appriciated..

I tried out some work arround however could  not succeed...:(

Here is the high level steps for your reference.. Please help me out to find what is wrong happening for Publish Project step;

Successful step 1 - Guid workPlanGuid = _projectWS.CreateProjectFromTemplate(templateUID, workPlanName);

Successful step 2 - projectWS.CheckOutProject(workPlanGuid, sessionGuid, "");

Successful Step 3 - _projectWS.QueueUpdateProject(Guid.NewGuid(), sessionGuid, _projectDataSet, false);

Successful Step 4 - _projectWS.QueueCheckInProject(Guid.NewGuid(), workPlanGuid, true, sessionGuid, "")

Failed Step 5 - _projectWS.QueuePublish(Guid.NewGuid(), workPlanGuid, true, string.Empty); --- HERE it raise an Error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralSecurityAccessDenied Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebService.Project.QueuePublish(Guid jobUid, Guid projectUid, Boolean fullPublish, String WssURL)

thanks in advance

Friday, September 24, 2010 5:41 AM
  • Hey Good news.. Problem was with credentails... Now its publishing correctly.. Thanks for all support.
    • Marked as answer by PP at Work Friday, September 24, 2010 6:40 AM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. Can you explain more what you mean by the problem was with credentials? What exactly was the problem with the credentials and how did u get to solve it?

Thanks, George

Friday, January 28, 2011 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. Can you explain more what you mean by the problem was with credentials? What exactly was the problem with the credentials and how did u get to solve it?

David PSADM@live.com

Friday, March 9, 2012 12:09 AM