The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Wierd issue while Syncing AD to an exteral application RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We have an Azure AD with different groups and users coming from different cross domains

What is happening is when we try to sync the AD into an external application, we suddenly have a group which is added as a Nested group of an otehr group, but in fact when I browse my AD those 2 groups does not have any relation

Does anyone have met this behaviour and how can I isolate the issue?

Thanks for help

regards

serge

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is happening is when we try to sync the AD into an external application, we suddenly have a group which is added as a Nested group of an otehr group, but in fact when I browse my AD those 2 groups does not have any relation

Are you referring to that you are synchronizing the Azure AD back to the On-Premise and then to an External Application ?
    While the Password and Group Writeback is possible, the User Writeback is not.

Do explain more about your environment for us to help you better.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:59 PM
  • We are using an external application which is name JIRA from Atlassian.

This platform hosted on our customer Azure account provide an LDAP integration in order to sync Azure Active directory into the Jira Application.

Then for one group we see that the configuration is not the same as for instance Group 1 has been added as a Nested group of Group 0 for instance

As we make a direct sync to teh Azure AD, I do not think the issue is from the Jira application but couzld it be some garbage configuration in AD which gets for some reason reflected during the sync ?

Regards

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Nested Groups was causing issue actually
    • Marked as answer by wakefun Friday, October 4, 2019 10:10 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 10:10 AM