none
Database Connectivity issue with BizTalk Server 2006 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Today i got issue related to database where i can't able to open any application under application menu from BizTalk Console.

Checked on log the log i got as

The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.".

The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (PreLoginHandshake()).]General network error. Check your network documentation.".

After restarting sql services.. all working fine

Please adivse what would be the issue

My DB is at different server and i use MS DTC where BizTalk is under multi server envirom=nment.

Pls advise what would be the issue

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Sandeep,

You could use the PAL tool while you run this process to see if it is performance related and it will probably help you determine where the bottle neck is.  PAL is a free tool which essentially collects Perf Counters and then generates an easy to read report. For guidance see this post by Kent. You can also for reference see MSDN Avoiding DBNET exceptions and Matt post.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:21 AM
  • I have written a post Recommended Platform Configuration for BizTalk Server where in point 5 the source of DBNETLIb Exception is below.

Avoiding DBNETLIB Exceptions
    Most often the DBNetLib error is when the MessageBox database servers are busy and the biztalk runtime cycles every minute to check the database for availability. Whenever the runtime attempts to connect to the messagebox databases fails the exception below can be found in the event log.

The resolution is by editing the registry key value in Windows 2003 SP 1 if you have Windows 2003 you should apply this resolution. If you have Windows Server 2008 with BizTalk 2009 read this thread and Avoiding TCP/IP Port Exhaustion.

Abdul Rafay - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://abdulrafaysbiztalk.wordpress.com/
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

You could use the PAL tool while you run this process to see if it is performance related and it will probably help you determine where the bottle neck is.  PAL is a free tool which essentially collects Perf Counters and then generates an easy to read report. For guidance see this post by Kent. You can also for reference see MSDN Avoiding DBNET exceptions and Matt post.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:21 AM
  • I have written a post Recommended Platform Configuration for BizTalk Server where in point 5 the source of DBNETLIb Exception is below.

Avoiding DBNETLIB Exceptions
    Most often the DBNetLib error is when the MessageBox database servers are busy and the biztalk runtime cycles every minute to check the database for availability. Whenever the runtime attempts to connect to the messagebox databases fails the exception below can be found in the event log.

The resolution is by editing the registry key value in Windows 2003 SP 1 if you have Windows 2003 you should apply this resolution. If you have Windows Server 2008 with BizTalk 2009 read this thread and Avoiding TCP/IP Port Exhaustion.

Abdul Rafay - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://abdulrafaysbiztalk.wordpress.com/
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:49 PM