none
Simultaneous processing of large, multiple datasets using WF RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

This is my first post on the forums, so I hope I managed to put it in the appropriate thread!

I'm a Linux developer by training, but have just made the switch to .NET /C# and have inherited a web app based around WF. The app is being extended to cope with multiple processing of large datasets, with as many of these datasets as possible being process simultaneously.

The datasets consist of image files, approximately 1 meg in size each. There may be up to 100,000 images in each datafile.

In order to extend the functionality of the app, I'm intending to let .NET manage all of the threads itself, rather than me trying to write code to handle these datasets asynchronously.

My question, therefore, is: assuming that I have enough processing power and memory to cope with this kind of scenario, is there an upper limit on what I can effectively put through the WF runtime? Is it able to scale up to this kind of demand? Are there any other special considerations I need to take into account?

Many, many thanks in advance for any comments, advice, suggestions.

Best wishes,

Paul.
    • Moved by nobugz Saturday, February 7, 2009 1:16 AM wf != crl, whatever it means (Moved from Common Language Runtime to Where is the Forum For…?)
    Friday, February 6, 2009 4:27 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the ASP forums located here: http://forums.asp.net/ .

Have a great day!

Vijay Mullick Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by Vijay Mullick Monday, February 9, 2009 5:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by PaulG9999 Monday, February 9, 2009 9:11 AM
    Monday, February 9, 2009 5:13 AM

All replies

•  

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the ASP forums located here: http://forums.asp.net/ .

Have a great day!

Vijay Mullick Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by Vijay Mullick Monday, February 9, 2009 5:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by PaulG9999 Monday, February 9, 2009 9:11 AM
    Monday, February 9, 2009 5:13 AM
  • Many thanks! Apologies for posting in the wrong thread, I'll re-post as suggested.

Best wishes,

Paul.
    Monday, February 9, 2009 9:11 AM