none
Word-ML to FO-XML RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project where we are generating word document using WORD-ML.  At this point client also wants to have document generated in PDF. For this I need to convert my WORD-ML into FO-XML. Do anyone know how I can do this. I can not write FO-XML from scratch at this point. I just need a tool or some process which can convert my WORD-ML to FO-XML.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:14 PM

All replies

• There are a number of products out there that will do the WordML -> PDF conversion, and I've reviewed many of them.  The one that seems most promising is from Aspose.com.  However, you will need both the Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF products.  They are pricey, but Aspose.Words rocks.  At the moment it is, hands down, the best option for a Word VBA equivalent.  It makes the OpenXML API feel like an assembly language.

You use Aspose.Words to prep the word document, and then Aspose.PDF to render the pdf.  Words can be used for much more than preping the document though.

- john.

P.S.  Actually, I don't have any affiliation with Aspose.com.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:14 PM
  • Check out www.alt-soft.com, its what I use. I cannot speak to the quality of their WordML features however.

Trav

Thursday, July 3, 2008 6:21 PM
  • if you are open to solutions other than PDF installing Microsoft Office 2007 on the server is not an issue, you can use the Microsoft Office Image Writer or the Microsoft XPS Document Writer to convert the any OpenXml format file into a TIFF, MDI or XPS.

Also you can check out third party solutions like http://www.pdf995.com/, which provides printers for converting documents into PDF.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:03 AM