Preselect Calendar in AppointmentManager.ShowAddAppointmentAsync

Question

• Hi,

when calling AppointmentManager.ShowAddAppointmentAsync on Windows 8.1, I would like to pass the Calendar name from the calling routine. This seems to be impossible and creates a bad user experience, because a given calendar selection is lost and the user has to repaet his selection. Is there a workaround?

krasscheck

Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:14 AM

All replies

• I am not sure what exactly you're looking to do in this case.  Can you please explain more?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, May 8, 2014 7:27 PM
  • Hi, I am developping a calendar app where the user enters his data for an appointment. The data are saved with ShowAddAppointmentAsync(newappointment,...). Unfortunately, it is not possible, to pass the calendar the user has selected in the data entry form to this routine. Therefore, the user has to select the calendar in a second user interface with a different design.

This behavior occurs also in the WP8.1 version.

Btw: It would be very helpfull if MS could provide a silent mode of  ShowAddAppointmentAsync without showing the user interface.

krasscheck

Friday, May 9, 2014 3:23 AM
  • Still waiting for an answer from MS.

krasscheck

Sunday, May 18, 2014 5:40 AM
  • No you cannot pre-select the Calendar. It is intended to be a users choice. If you're writing your own calendar app then you can use your own appointment pen and wire it in directly.
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 11:56 AM
    Owner
  • Rob thanks.

What do you means by that:
    "If you're writing your own calendar app then you can use your own appointment pen and wire it in directly."

Do you mean I should use the Live API, or is there another way to access a user's appointment calendar?

krasscheck

Monday, May 19, 2014 4:43 AM
  • I mean if you're handling your own calendar as opposed to adding to the user's existing calendars. If you're adding to the existing calendars then the user gets to choose.

--Rob

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:09 PM
    Owner
  • Even if the user has the last word in selecting the calendar, it would be helpful if an app could pre-select then calendar which may be the user has already selected elsewhere in an App that call the method.

krasscheck

Friday, June 20, 2014 4:13 AM