build is locked at "Registering the application to run from layout..." on Windows 10

Question

• On Windows 10 TP ... when i try to build my C#/XAML univeral app it locks  at the line "Registering the application to run from layout" ...

I know its only Technology Preview BUT is there something i can install to help me compile/run my C#/XAML universal app on the Windows 10 TP ..

p.s. I tried  running "local machine" and via "Simulator" .. both freeze at the "Registering the application to run from layout" line

Friday, October 03, 2014 12:15 PM

Answers

• Please note that this is now working after installing VS14 CTP4 :)
    • Marked as answer by Cloud Luver Tuesday, October 07, 2014 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, October 07, 2014 10:25 AM

All replies

• Can you clarify the following:

1.) Can you deploy *ANY* app or is it specific to your app only?

2.) Do you have any Anti-Virus software running on your system that could be blocking the app deployment?

3.) Are you installing on a regular machine or a virtual machine

4.) What happens if you create an APPX package (Right click Windows Project -> Store -> Create App Packages), and then try to deploy the appx package using the Powershell script that gets generated with the appx? Does deploying through Powershell fail too or does it work?

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, October 03, 2014 10:02 PM
  • Please note that this is now working after installing VS14 CTP4 :)
    • Marked as answer by Cloud Luver Tuesday, October 07, 2014 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, October 07, 2014 10:25 AM